Selfish habits that ruin it for the rest of us
Selfish people try to keep or get things but they lose people.Hannah Garrison
These are the top ten pet peeves I gathered from an informal poll of family, friends, coworkers, and neighbors. These things fray our collective fabric. But all is not lost. The answer to most of our social problems is an easy fix!
We could make it cool to bring manners back into our daily lives. Navigating in the day-to-day could get easier. Heck, we could start by practicing on a chair. Every time we bump into one, say, “Excuse me.” Maybe it will become a habit. We could even try it with people!
Top Ten Pet Peeves
1)People who will not listen to another’s perspective.
2) People who insist on their rights while disregarding the rights of another.
3) People who demand kind and courteous treatment while yelling at anyone that serves them. Namely, customer service representatives, managers, servers, lawn care people, clerks, you fill in the blank.
4) People who litter - especially when a trash can is nearby.
5) People who insist, “if only people obeyed the rules of the road, everything would be fine” as they zoom in front of other drivers, tailgate, and flip people off.
6) People who answer “uh-huh” if you say excuse me.
7) People who demand respect but rarely give it.
8) People who refuse to acknowledge the personhood of those they deem less worthy than themselves.
9) People who scorn the words thank you, excuse me, pardon me, please, or I’m sorry.
10) People who insist on correcting people - no, it’s not just men.
We rise by lifting othersRobert Ingersoll